terça-feira, 25 de março de 2014

a waiting for a miracle (work in progress)

            My mother went to Porto Seguro - Bahia for her honeymoon. Around 9 months later, I was born. Since then, every time I go to bed the Earth spin, the ozone layer get more damaged, tons of trash are produced, people die, lots of people born, I get a day older and might had grown a little while the whole planet was actively moving around me. 
            I know it happens to me since I cried for the very first time, at the hospital with my mom and dad, right after I discovered the existence of air, but probably those facts are a little older than me. Regardless historical and cultural issues, since I was born in Brazil, when someone ask me what day it is today, I automatically consider Jesus’ birth as the first day of my measurement, since the Pope said it happened for about 2014 years and some months ago. My Jewish neighbors would not agree with my answer, but we all would agree with a detail: time keep passing since we accept we exist. Nevertheless, the fact that we do not know if it is someone’s will, a random coincidence or just a dream does not change our time to go to bed.
However, fighting against science and its methods, most of us certainly believe that tomorrow we will wake up and rush to do all the things we have to and we all know what happens when we choose turn off the alarm and sleep a bit more. We can get late, be fired, be out of money, be in trouble in school, lose grades, be punished by how strict our routines normally are. Therefore, we wake up on time. We control our wills and do what we believe we have to. Then we are able to make plans for long periods. We dream with the face of our children, with hypothetical graduation parties, with how much we will cry when a friend dies, with the drawing for a tattoo we hope that one day we will have guts to make, we predict the next winner of our favorite reality show on television.
            That is why nothing is a miracle. Because for some reason, we were born able to control our wills, our duties, our lives and our future by the simple and deep necessity of looking for a purpose. People born, grow and start searching for a reason to do not give up on waking up early every day because we are sure we have been working on something that has a meaning. Maybe for your own, maybe for your family, maybe for your community or maybe for humanity, and there is no miracle in our beliefs and ideals. There are us and our objectives, our actions, our opportunities and our options. We and ourselves controlling what we can and cannot do. It is you and I sharing our choices with our destinies. It is you and I waking up because we believe there is something more interesting than sleep.  

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário